ChallengeThe existing platform was not sufficiently scalable to support global growth, particularly with the speed Nerium needed. Additionally there was a need for the platform to:
- Work in conjunction with Nerium’s existing Exigo system, acting as combined CRM and ERP
- Support multi-lingual/multi-cultural content
- Serve multiple markets under the same umbrella
- Be flexible enough to add support for new countries and markets
SolutionXCentium defined the overall solution architecture for Sitecore as well as InsiteCommerce in conjunction with Nerium’s architects, then developed and delivered the solution.
The UP (Unified Platform) project was initiated to provide the foundation for Nerium’s business in the future.
Sitecore Experience Platform and Insite Software were selected to form the core of the new architecture together with Nerium’s existing Exigo system, acting as combined CRM and ERP. Clay Tablet was selected to handle internationalization.
Sitecore integrates with Insite as the backend shopping engine for product and catalog data, customer information, pricing, promotions, tax rules and all other commerce-related information, providing:
- Multiple shopping funnels depending on customer type, country and context
- Each country has individual products, pricing and business rules
- Insite handles commerce logic and serves Sitecore with product and pricing information
- Sitecore controls presentation, redirect logic, business rules and shopping funnels
Insite integrates with Exigo for account creation, information and management, credit card processing, subscription fulfillment, pricing and product information.
The Clay Tablet integration allows Nerium to quickly add new country sites and languages to existing sites without the need to hire their own resources with local language skills.
- Standardized platform based on best of breed systems.
- Scalable architecture supporting rapid growth in markets, transactions and traffic.
- Reusable concepts and components decreases development and maintenance needs.
- New countries can be supported quickly by reusing existing resources and adapting to local content, products and business rules.
- Multilingual implementation in Sitecore – easy to manage language versions.
- Best of both worlds: Sitecore CMS and Insite Commerce.
“Insite Software, Sitecore and XCentium provided the B2B Commerce platform and digital expertise enabling Nerium to quickly adapt to local content, language, products and business rules in new international markets, which provides our customers with a seamless digital commerce experience. We needed a robust digital commerce solution to support our extensive business and marketing initiatives and this new platform provides us the capability to do that and more. XCentium has been a terrific partner in this journey working with us as a single integrated team to make amazing things happen. We see XCentium as a long-term strategic partner."
Ryan Bovermann, Vice President of Products & Technology
“It is a great accomplishment for both Nerium and XCentium teams to deliver such a great product in such a short time-frame. Building a global Sitecore solution with thousands of Brand Partner sites and providing a true connected commerce experience with Insite is a complex project and the two teams have been able to deliver a robust and scalable platform on a very aggressive timeline while still having fun – the true Nerium way. This launch strengthens XCentium’s position as a leader in the digital and connected B2B and B2C commerce space."
Amrit Raj, Managing Partner